July 21, 2009

Removing the lawn

I didn't anticipate Greg being "out of commission" due to his hand surgery.

I figured how hard is it to dig up the lawn, I had Jason, Christian and myself to help with the digging.. even Jared's little hand shovel came in handy.

I thought it would take one weekend to remove the lawn and we would be ready to go and order the pavers and stones for the fire ring. WRONG!









There was so much roots from the other yard that had to be removed. We had a recycle bin FULL!


























Even though the sod was removed (all 350 pounds of dirt), it wasn't quite 4" deep, so more dirt had to be dugged out. But, we didn't anticipate all this extra, where to put them? Crew #2 was on standby to help with the dumping. Just a week before Greg's surgery, his services were limited.

No comments: